CODE OF ETHICS
The Romanian Association of Consulting Engineers recognises that the work of the engineering profession is critical to the achievement of sustainable development of society and the environment.
To be fully effective not only must engineers constantly improve their knowledge and skills, but also society must respect the integrity and trust the judgment of members of profession and remunerate them fairly.
All Member Associations of ARIC subscribe to and believe that the following principles are fundamental to the behavior of their members if society is to have that necessary confidence in its professional advisors.
The consulting engineer shall:
to Society and
|1. Accept the responsibility of the profession to society.
2. Seek solutions that are compatible with the principles of sustainable development.
3. At all times uphold the dignity, standing and reputation of the profession.
|Competence||4. Maintain knowledge and skills at levels consistent with development in technology, legislation and management, and apply due skill, care and diligence in the services rendered to the client.
5. Refrain from performing any services unless competent to perform them.
|Integrity||6. Act at all times in the legitimate interest of the client and perform professional services with integrity and faithfulness.|
|Impartiality||7. Be impartial in the provision of professional advice, judgment or decision.
8. Inform the client of any potential conflict of interest that might arise in the performance of the commission.
9. Not accept remuneration which prejudices independent judgment.
|Fairness to Others||10. Promote the concept of “selection by ability”.
11. Neither carelessly nor intentionally do anything to injure the reputation of business of others.
12. Neither directly nor indirectly attempt to take the place of another consulting engineer, who is already appointed for a specific work.
13. Not take over the work of another consulting engineer before notifying the consulting engineer in question, and without being advised by the client of the termination of the prior appointment for that work.
14. In the event of being asked to review the work of another, behave in accord with appropriate professional conduct and courtesy.
|Corruption||15. Neither offer nor accept renumeration of any kind which in perception od in effect either :
– seeks to influence the process of selection or compensation of consulting engineers and/or their clients or
– seeks to affect the consulting engineer’s impartial judgement
16. Co-operate fuly with any legitimately constituted investigative body which makes inquiry into the administration of any contract for services or construction.