Romania’s General Transport Master Plan
Client: Ministry of Transport
Implementation period: 2012-2014
Investment value: 2.1 million EUR
AECOM provides planning services and technical assistance in evaluating, creating and planning of interventions in the transport system in Romania through General Transport Master Plan. The objectives are to ensure the conditions for efficient transport system and the development of transport policies that promote a balanced and sustainable system on all types of transport. The project is an important step for Romania in obtaining EU funds in 2014-2020.
– Developing a national transport model and a related database
– Estimating the traffic demand and flow for all types of transport for the base year 2010 and 2015, 2020, 2030
– Estimating the impact of socio-economic development of the mobility of people and goods
– Estimation of traffic demand evolution of persons and goods in all types of transport at national and international level
– Identifying and prioritizing transport policies and investments for 2015, 2020 and 2030
– Financial analysis and cost-benefit
– Development strategy of the national transport on short, medium and long term
– Strategic Environmental Assessment
Within the project, AECOM developed for the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure the national transport model, associated database and Master Plan on short, medium and long term.